Fall in love with these lists of the best attractions, landmarks, and activities in Washington DC.
1. The White HouseA trip to the nation’s capital is not complete without visiting the White House. The grand building has been home to Presidents since the 18th-century.
2. United States CapitolWas built in the 1800s and is the US government’s legislative arm, housing both the Senate and the House of Representatives.
3. National Air and Space MuseumOne of the best Smithsonian Museums is the National Air and Space Museum. Dedicated to everything space and aviation, the museum has some fantastic items on display, such as Niel Armstrong’s spacesuit, spacecraft, and various historical planes.
4. Washington MonumentIn the center of the National Mall is the Washington Monument, the world’s tallest obelisk. Dedicated to the memory of the first President, George Washington, the impressive stone structure was the tallest building in the world before being overtaken by the Eiffel Tower.
5. United States National ArboretumThe United States National Arboretum is an extensive collection of trees and wooded plants that aid research projects by the United States Department of Agriculture.
6. Washington National CathedralThe Washington National Cathedral is a Protestant Episcopal church that has been the site of many significant ceremonies, such as state funerals, Presidential prayers, and remembrance services.
The church was also where Martin Luther King, Jr. gave his last sermon in the Cathedral days before his assassination. The church is a mix of classic architectural styles, although predominantly classed as Neo-Gothic.
Know more of the lists @virginiatraveltips
We are your Realtors - We Guarantee to Listen, Advise and Advocate for You!
Give us a call at 703.772.3526